Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm 2 months old!

Well, it's been two months now! Mommy and daddy are really taking a
liking toward me despite some of my diaper messes and early morning
tantrums. I really thought I was going to put daddy's patience to the
max a couple of weeks ago with one of my diapers but I tried to
explain that it was mommy's fault… she was the one that ate the
Mexican food!!! I am sleeping longer into the night, which mom and
dad seem to really appreciate. I've gained over four pounds since I
was born, which everyone seems to be happy about even the guy in the
white coat we go to see every so often. Daddy often calls me a
"porker", and if I could speak their language, I'd say "look who's
talking"! I've really enjoyed my day time with mommy. We go for
walks around town; sometimes we even go to work together.

I have two friends that live really close, Ava and Jackson. We go out
on walks together (somehow we always end up at a place called
Starbucks!) and even have photo shoots side-by-side.

I love singing to the birds in my swing and the hippo on my changing
table is my forever friend....we have our own language. Mommy and
daddy just worry that I think I'm an animal...well, in a way I am:)
Maybe next month I'll start smiling back at them instead of my furry
friends!

I have decided that I really like myself too....grandma Jill bought me
a little mirror for my crib and I'm fascinated with the baby that
stares back at me. She finds me in every mirror I see and I really
like her!!!

I'm really excited about my first Super Bowl next week. Daddy seems
to be a little more excited than mom, but truthfully, some of the
stuff that mom watches during the day makes me snooze and football
tends to get everyone's attention. I've learned that I'm a Patriots
fan, a Red Sox fan, a Celtics fan and a Conservative all in my first
two months, which is pretty amazing. I also read my first book with
mommy about cows, roosters and all kinds of farm animals, which was
quite entertaining. I've been sleeping in my own crib for a long
time now and just to mesmerize mom and dad, I'll completely turn
myself around in the crib in the middle of the night so that they're
left dumbfounded. I even like hiding under all of my blankets...they
don't think that's too funny! It's this little game I play that makes
me smile.

The first month or so, everyone thought I looked like daddy. However,
lately people have been saying that I look more like mommy. I hope I
get the best of both of them because they really are a good-looking
pair.

Well, I think I covered most of the bases. I only hope that this next
month will be as entertaining and different as the last two.

I love you all.

Riley G. (aka "little munch")

No comments: