Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm 1 month old


Today is my 1 month birthday. I'm eating like crazy because I kept hearing the guy in the white coat tell my mommy that my stomach was really small. I thought, "I'll show him", and so I've been packing the pounds on just like my daddy. It's been an amazing month... I always heard the whistles and the announcers in mama's belly, but never knew what football and basketball were until the other day, when I watched it for the first time live. I love watching people's faces... and hearing their really annoying baby voices when all I want to tell them is "talk to me like a person, not a chihauha". My mom seems to have an endless supply of food because I keep asking and she keeps giving. My dad seems kind of lost right now because even though I like to cuddle with him, mom's my priority. However, I really like bath time with daddy because he is really gentle and knows where to wash my smelly parts, like my neck and between my two chins. Right now, I'm enjoying my time with Nana and Uncle Zach and Auntie Karen. I overheard my mom saying that I'll see my other grandma and my uncle Jason and auntie Keri real soon, too, which I'm really excited about. I sleep in my own room now because mom said I'm a big girl now and daddy's become a light sleeper. I found my voice not long ago and can easily wake them from their slumber. Mommy even said that I could wake up the neighborhood but I don't know if that's true or not. I've also realized that daddy doesn't really know what he's doing on the changing table and he is quite shocked at what I can do to a diaper.
I have lots of nicknames: "Munchie" seems to be mom and dad's favorite, along with monkey, peanut and Riles. Auntie Jen calls me Ri-Ri and Uncle Marsh calls me "buddy", like I'm a boy or something. Mommy keeps signing all my cards with Riley G. Not sure how I feel about that. This month has been pretty exciting... I even took a trip to Sacramento with mom and Auntie Shan (can you believe it?). I can't wait to see what this next month has in store... I'm sure my mom will cart me away on an airplane somewhere. I only know about them because they seem to take off in my backyard.
My first Christmas is three days away and daddy said something about being jealous because all of the presents under the tree are mine. I'm not sure about that but I do know that I'm ready to be done with the silly red dresses and all the hats they keep putting me in.
Signing off for now, Riley G.

No comments: